If you have ever seen a ropen, or know of anybody who has seen anything like a living pterosaur, in California (or any place else), please contact me by email. We now have a number of reports from Los Angeles County, as well as other areas of California, sightings in daylight and at night.
Ropens, or “pterodactyls” or “dragons,” have also been reported in other states of the USA and in many other countries around the world. Consider a few brief excerpts of some sightings:
- The Netherlands, a few kilometers northwest of Amsterdam, in 2007: a daylight sighting of a “ropen” with a two-meter wingspan
- Ontario, Canada, in autumn, at about 8:00 a.m.: “miniature pterodactyl” observed – wingspan of about four feet; it had a long tail with a “diamond shape at the tip”
- San Antonio, Texas, ~1986: Flying creature at night: wingspan “6-10 feet”
- Georgia, USA, 2008: Two long-tailed pterosaurs seen in early mornings
- Metropolis, Illinois: Flying over the treetops – the creature seen by six adults and two children was “about the size of passenger plane”
Drainage canal north of sighting location in Lakewood, California
On June 19, 2012, a ropen was encountered near this location
The long-tailed creature . . . shocked the lady, as she gazed up over her gazebo at what was perched . . . above the storm drain at the back of her property. How could it be a dragon? But the tail had that triangle on the end, exactly like what she thought should be only on a dragon’s tail-end, and . . . [it] had no feathers.
The lady and her husband . . . decided to be anonymous. I also kept their address secret, revealing that they lived in Lakewood.